Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Library Card Sign-Up Month

I just learned that September is Library Card Sign-Up Month.  It has been proclaimed so by the Association for Library Service to Children, but that does not mean that the celebration should be limited to children.  Budgets for public libraries frequently are dependent on circulation; the most books and other materials that are used or checked out, the higher the budget.  (I am making this statement without any citation because I am not doing the research to confirm the assertion.  If you have evidence that my assertion is incorrect, or a citation to support it, please put it in the comments, and I will update this post accordingly.)
So using your local library helps not only you but everyone in the community. 
In DC, to get a library card, you can apply at any branch of the library or (and I think this is cool) apply online.

No comments:

Post a Comment